Those "Nasty, Bad" Pagans!  

Posted in

On Wednesday, 25 June 2008, Kathy Lee Gifford referred to Pagans on the Today Show as "nasty, bad Pagans" -
Well I got two words for you Kathy..."sweat shops"
This show had a segment about wedding traditions and she was going around asking people questions to which they had to choose the correct answer.

Here is a screen shot of the card she was reading off of:


Clearly there is nothing on the card that says "nasty,bad Pagans" however she DOES INDEED say, "Pagans, those nasty, bad Pagans..."
Have a listen for yourself, around 4 minutes into the segment. (4:41 to be exact)
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25368216#25368216

What if she would have said something derogatory referring to Christians, or Jews? She'd probably be slapped with a lawsuit so hard that her ancestors would say, "ouch!"

This entry was posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 at Monday, June 30, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

Anonymous  

It's an amazing world we live in, when verbally we say "prejudice is bad!" but then when we read between the lines of the media, that's all we do is bash each other. Prejudice is just as present as it's always been, but these days it's just sneakier.

~Teresa
www.naturalbabybiz.com

July 3, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Hi there.
You make an excellent point, it's absolutely sneakier. Sad. Really.

July 3, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Wow, I never really cared for that woman, even less now. How arrogant can you be?
She obviously has NO clue what Paganism even is, "nasty" and "bad" are definitely not descriptions I would think of when referring to Pagans. In fact, the Pagans I have "met" have been some of the nicest people I've ever met, nasty or bad wouldn't even enter my mind.
What a piece of work that woman is.

July 5, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Hey Jolene!
She (Kathy Lee) really s so disgusting...I am appalled.

July 5, 2008 at 10:05 PM

I have had so many issues with this; I am not inclined to align myself with ANY particular religion or sect, but I am open to all. Paganism makes perfect sense, as does Buddhism. But I have encountered small minded prejudice time and time again, the likes of which would have amounted to hate crimes. Why is it ok? Because the supreme court has not ruled otherwise yet. Sickening.

And I never liked that narrow minded harpy, never at all. She needs to shut her big mouth. I wonder if what she beleives in, she beleives completely? Or "just in case"? Or just because her friends do?

July 7, 2008 at 10:10 AM

Hi Karen,
I think her comment was completely uncalled for. There was absolutely no reason, other than ignorance.

July 7, 2008 at 9:51 PM

You're right... she would have received tons of backlash had she said that about someone else.

July 10, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...