High Glycemic Foods  

Posted in

We just got back from visiting Zyon's family in Ohio. His mom is a health nut and I always learn lots from her, especially when it comes to food. We were talking about how sugar in food is something that should be watched carefully all the time.

High glycemic foods (such as simple carbohydrates) will increase the body’s sugar levels rapidly.
Using the The Glycemic Index can help you get an idea of which foods are good and which are not so good where this is concerned.

Glycemic Index Chart


I know I need to cut way back on simple carbohydrates and the amount of processed sugar I intake. It's tough though, it is not an easy habit to break.
I am fairly certain this part of my diet is what is holding me back from losing weight as I would like. It's very frustrating!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at Wednesday, July 16, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...