Gettng Ready for Samhain  

Posted in ,

Finally, it's starting to feel like Autumn! The days lately have been warm and I was beginning to think we would go straight to Winter and skip Autumn.

The evenings are chilly and the mornings are crisp. I love waking up when it's still dark out and sitting in the quietness before the Witchlets wake up.

This weather really puts me in the mood for Samhain. I have started to see fallen leaves scattered throughout people's yards and on some side streets. The leaves are so beautiful this time of year.

I am in the process of decorating my Altar for Samhain. I think this coming week Zyon and I and the Witchlets will carve pumpkins. Surprisingly, Olivia does have a little 'party' at school on Samhain and she has one in her dance class too! Imagine that!

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 at Saturday, October 18, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

The schools in our district (up to 5th grade) have Halloween parades every year, with a short celebration afterward. The kids get to bring their costumes to school and at the end of the day, they all dress up and walk around the outside of the school (or in the gym if it's raining). The parents all get to come (some of us dress up, too!) and take pictures. Then the kids go back to class for the party.

It amazes me how many blogs I read where schools don't allow anything at all for Halloween. It's a shame that kids aren't being allowed to be kids in so many ways anymore. I'm so glad the schools here find it a harmless fun.

October 18, 2008 at 8:37 AM

I know what you mean. I am sure there are parents who are very against celebrating anything having to do with Halloween.
Personally, I do have a problem with people preaching the evil they think it is but still letting their kids do 'Halloween-ish' things.

October 18, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...