Heirlooms  

Posted in

I was poking around on ancestry.com last night and it got me thinking about heirlooms. I mean, I have some things that have been passed down to me from several generations. In fact, I'm using the baby furniture that was passed down. Well, Olivia uses an old highchair for her dolls, Dante and Wyatt play on a wooden rocking horse and actually, Wyatt is using an older crib (yes, it's safe - Zyon and I inspected it) but most of this stuff won't be able to be used anymore. It's time to retire it.

I wish I would have thought ahead and gotten something new that I could pass down to my kids. Instead of using that old crib, I should have gotten a new one - one like this:

I absolutely adore this. I'm sure the stars are what grabbed me at first. I have been pondering just one more baby (did I say that out loud?!) So maybe this is in my future?

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at Thursday, October 30, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Anonymous  

OMG.. I love that crib!

October 30, 2008 at 11:18 AM

I know, I love it too!

October 30, 2008 at 1:57 PM
Anonymous  

Have a happy Samhain!

Witches flying past on broomsticks,
Black cats leaping here and there,
White-robed spooks on every corner,
Mournful moaning in the air,

Goblins peering out of windows,
Spirit-things that rap and run-
But don't be scared-it's just October,
Having one last hour of fun!

October 31, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Thank you, Hex!

Blessed Samhain to you and yours!

October 31, 2008 at 11:58 AM

love love love that crib! I am contemplating baby #4..... am I crazy? LOL. DH promises we will talk about it in a few more years....

November 21, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...