A New Circle  

Posted in , ,

For over a year now I've on occasion visited a quaint Pagan shop in a town not far from me - Ostara

My most recent visit was this past Thursday. A friend of mine had recently moved and her new house has some residual negative energy in it that she jut can't shake. She moved from California to Minnesota and is basically in the middle of nowhere so she asked me if I could get her some supplies.

I was able to speak with the shop owner, Rev. Mary Cabot-Butler and I immediately felt such good energy! Here is a bit about her:

Rev. Mary Cabot-Butler, HPs: Relocated to the Valley from Salem,
MA, Mary has been living Witchcraft all her life. A hereditary Witch of
Celtic and Sicilian descent, she completed her study of Witchcraft with
Laurie Cabot. She is a mother of two, a
grandmother of four boys, and a servant to
two cats and one white dove.


Mary has shared sacred space with famous
Witches Laurie Cabot and Gypsy & Richard
Ravish and hosts open circle at the Unitarian
Universalist Church in Bethlehem, Pa. She is
a proud member of Sage and Stone, a
teaching coven that she established in 2007
and is active in community events.


She was featured in Llewellyn’s 2007 Wicca
Almanac and interviewed by paranormal
investigator Bernie O'Connor of WDIY radio.

She told me there was an open circle for Litha and invited me to come - witchlets are welcome too! I'm so excited - I am very ready to get back to my spirituality - in that way.

This entry was posted on Saturday, May 16, 2009 at Saturday, May 16, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Hen  

She's a servant to two cats and a dove? What does that mean? : D

May 17, 2009 at 10:09 PM
~Witchy Mama~  

Hen,
I am not sure if you're kidding or not! :)
I am sure it was her funny way of saying that she doesn't own the animals, they own her.

Recent blog post: A New Circle

May 18, 2009 at 9:22 AM
Thorne  

What fun! I hope you enjoy your public circle! I used to love the ones hosted by WomenSpirit in Long Beach, Cali. (When I lived a bit closer to them). They really knew how to add pageantry and magick to an open ritual thqat without it can often be too disorganized and random to come together well. I hope you'll come visit me at Thornesworld!
Peace.

Recent blog post: How to Make Witches’ Bottles

May 19, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Hibiscus Moon  

That is very exciting! I love Laurie Cabot
s tradition. That shop looks absolutely magical.

Recent blog post: Light at the End of the Grieving Tunnel

May 23, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...