White Magick vs Black Magick  

Posted in ,

If I am asked ONE MORE TIME, "do you use white magick or black magick?" I just may scream! Personally I don't believe there are 2 kinds of magick. It's just magick.

I am not a 'white witch' or a 'black witch'. I'm a Witch. I believe in intent. If the intent is pure then great, if it's not, then be prepared to deal with the consequences in this life or the next.

I believe in personal responsibility - when I sit down to do spellwork I need to make a conscious decision as to what path to take and if I decide that my intent is going to take on a darker side then I must be willing to accept responsibility for that and be ready to deal with the backlash.

I'd love some thoughts on this. What do you believe?

This entry was posted on Monday, March 8, 2010 at Monday, March 08, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

inannasstar  

I agree wholeheartedly. I just heard someone say "I'm a White Witch" and I actually cringed. I feel that if someone declares they don't practice "black magic" they are only a "white witch" what they are is extremely closed off to the cycles and power of being a Witch. They are not a witch but merely a new age groupie. :-P

March 9, 2010 at 7:40 AM
Witchy Mama  

Oh it is very annoying and I agree with you - those who are like that are closed off to the cycles and power of being a Witch.

March 9, 2010 at 9:49 AM
Catpriestess  

Well, I suppose it's the same ignorance when "Glinda the good" ;) asked a certain young girl, "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" and what did Dorothy say, "Why, I'm not a witch at all..." I say, if people are so quick to label as "dark or white, good vs. evil" there's nothing we can do, except know who we are and stand tall.

March 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM
Dessa  

I think you nailed it, girl! 8-)

March 9, 2010 at 9:39 PM
GreenWheel  

Totally agree -- I don't ask them: do you practice White Christianity or Black Christianity? Are you a Good Jew or a Bad Jew. Are you a Good Human or a Bad Human? Oy!

March 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Witchy Mama  

Hey everyone - sure seems we all feel the same way! GreenWheel - you made a GREAT point and one I forgot to mention! "White Christianity or Black Christianity? Are you a Good Jew or a Bad Jew"

March 13, 2010 at 8:41 AM
Heather  

I think the comment about the White Christian or Black Christian is perfect! Why do there need to be distinctions with Paganism? Personally, when people ask, I answer that I'm a Green Witch. My faith is built around nature and all of its beautiful grey areas so that's the colour I most associate with :D

March 17, 2010 at 4:25 PM
bridgett  

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

March 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM
bridgett  

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

March 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM
Miss D  

I agree with you. I have seen Karma in full force on more than one occasion. I left something for you on my blog. Please check it out :-D

March 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...