Setting the Record Straight  

Posted in

Apparently my last few blog entries have upset some people so much they've gone as far as unsubscribing to my blog and un-friending me on Facebook. To me, that is well, a bit much and it shows just how sensitive some people really are...or maybe the truth hurts?

Either way, I felt as though I needed to acknowledge the fact that I honestly don't know what people expect. Do they expect to come to a blog and read what they want to hear? To never read something they don't agree with? I mean, sure, I keep this blog mostly upbeat. I created it to share my ideas and thoughts and what knowledge I have but there will be times I don't agree with something and I will voice that opinion. I am NOT a very 'PC' person, in fact, I find people like that annoying. I am blunt and sometimes down right obnoxious; I express my opinion and I have that right, just like everyone else. I will not tip toe around things 'just in case' I offend someone.

Okay, now that I got that out of the way, New Moon is right around the corner; time for a fresh start...

This entry was posted on Monday, April 12, 2010 at Monday, April 12, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

sugar  

Well my dear. I think..you are you. That's all. You can't live your life worrying about what other's think. You are free to believe what you want. So are others. That's what makes us awesome :) I am rambling. If other's get offended, then they either-don't care enough to learn about what you believe in, or they just get offended at every little thing and they shouldn't be online :) Just my opinion. Go ahead and do your thing! If they don't like it-screw em :)

April 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Witchy Mama  

LOL - good point of view :)

I must admit, I was surprised that my opinions held THAT much water with some that they had to remove me from everything!!! :O

April 13, 2010 at 10:03 AM
Lynn Henderson  

I just found your blog today (it's on StumbleUpon, actually) and I've been scanning through some of your more recent posts. I'm not a mom, but as a young adult that still lives with her parents, I find your point of view very interesting. I honestly think this is one of the coolest blogs I've come across and I'm planning to subscribe to it as soon as I figure out how to do that. ><

April 14, 2010 at 6:38 PM
Alys  

I'm not subscribed yet, but I have been reading for a few months. These past posts have actually strengthened my beliefs. I also appreciate that you are being honest and blunt - blogging who you are. So, thank you! And I am looking forward to more. :)

April 15, 2010 at 9:22 AM
Witchy Mama  

Well, wonderful to have you here Lynn!

April 15, 2010 at 10:00 AM
Witchy Mama  

Alys,

Thank you. I was certainly not trying to be a bitch about things but I personally just don't understand WHY someone would celebrate a faith that they don't subscribe to - just because their family does??

April 15, 2010 at 10:02 AM
Rue  

Just catching up here after my mini-break. Wow - lots going on with your posts!

I think you should absolutely never apologize for what you believe and how you choose to live your life. Good for you.

I do have some difference of opinion on the last few posts, mainly because I am mostly in the closet still with family and some friends, and because I am in love with culture, faiths, and practices and I am eager to find a reason to celebrate every day, not just on Sabbats. So you will hear me say "Happy Chinese New Year" "Blessed Holi" "Happy Ostara." Does that make me hypocritical...perhaps. I prefer to see it as embracing celebration. Am I converting to anything? Nope. But I do love to be a student of life! (Also, I don't have children, so I'm not actively teaching my faith to anyone.)

Having said all that, I think you've made some great statements and feel sad that just because someone doesn't agree with everything you've said, they have to remove you from their lists. I really enjoy your blog, whether I agree with every word or not!

Blessings!

April 15, 2010 at 7:20 PM
Witchy Mama  

Hi Rue!

Thank you!! I appreciate your input and glad you're still reading :)

April 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...