Still in the Mother Stage?  

Posted in

When do you feel the Crone stage starts? At a certain age? At a certain milestone in life? Or, when you just feel old?

I just got my hair cut and colored the other day but I can still see a few gray hairs--I know gray hairs are coarser/thicker and don't take to dye that well.

Upon examining my hair, my focus shifted to my face and I noticed a few wrinkles and dark circles under my eyes! I thought, "great, now I need to put old people products on my shopping list! And what the heck is the best eye cream for dark circles and where can I get wrinkle cream?"

I'm still in my 30's--my Witchlets are only 7, 5, and 4--I'm still in the Mother stage, right? Why do I feel like the Crone stage is creeping up on me? I can tell I am not going to handle growing old very well.

This entry was posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 at Sunday, December 19, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Angela Pippinger  

To me, you enter the Crone stage at the point of menopause. It just seems fitting that it would occur at that time. I don't know that gray hair can really signify the Crone stage because many go gray early due to genetics or stress in their lives. Of course the Crone stage is creeping up on you. When we have children is when it seems like time is flying by the most.

To combat those feelings of growing old, I do a birthday ritual each year. It's a ritual that is all about me and growing over time. It really helps to embrace the age and not worry about growing old. Society has really put a pressure on women to stay young and not appreciate the aging process. I feel like the birthday ritual knocks that pressure off kilter. I sincerely recommend finding a way to embrace the process!

December 19, 2010 at 7:21 AM
Leighla  

Hell, I already feel like I'm in the Crone stage and I'm only 22. D: It's because I have such a strong fear of death...

Angela, I agree!

December 20, 2010 at 2:39 AM
Witchy Mama  

Thank you! Love the birthday ritual idea! Menopause does make sense....I think i've just been freaking out about growing old. I'm not afraid to die, just afraid of growing old and not being able to do things for myself :(

December 20, 2010 at 6:52 AM
Witchy Mama  

I've always said I'm not afraid to die, just afraid of growing old and not being able to do things for myself

December 20, 2010 at 6:52 AM
Dark Mother  

I am in my mid-thirtees with a 7 year old and also feel as if I'm between Mother and Crone. It's not a physical thing (although my hairs are greying and wrinkles are certainly settling in) it's more of a mindset. I'm embracing this and trying to impart the best of both Mother and Crone in my everyday life.

December 20, 2010 at 9:11 PM
SusanB  

I feel that as long as you are physically able to "be a mother" you are still in teh mother stage. I am 36 and have an infant and my oldest was born when I was 21. I feel that I am very much in the mother stage. (I just know what I am doing now.....). For me my mother stage will be over when I celebrate my last moon time and menopause is here. That's how I feel anyway...

January 12, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...