Using Menstrual Energies for Magick  

Posted in

Menstruation is a powerful time for a woman. Do you feel more powerful during that time of the month?

I don't! I usually feel horrible; crampy, sluggish, my belly usually feels upset (lots of trips to the bathroom) and just all around blah!

Then I found some information that I always 'knew' but it just never sank in until I read it...It is all about the phases of the Moon and how women are in tune with them. Here is what I found:
The Pre-Menstrual time is a phase like the Waning Crescent Moon where energy is 'pulled' or 'devouring' or '(re)turning inward' . Women are more in tune with Dark Maiden/Priestess/Enchantress Goddesses such as Persephone who descends to rule the Underworld. 

Menstruation, like the Dark Moon is the time of psychic and magic openess and both power and vulnerability for women, where they are most in tune with all the elements of the Crone or Dark Goddesses. Eg Hecate who rules Witchcraft and the Night.

At the end of the bleeding, a woman is energetically re-born, like the Waxing Crescent Moon where energy is expanding and outward directed. Women are more in tune with into Bright Maiden/Amazon/Warrior Goddesses, eg Artemis, Athene, Kore.

The middle of the cycle where she ovulates is like the Full Moon, it is the Mother phase. It is a time of openess and giving and surrender. Women are more in tune with Earth and Mother and Domestic Goddesses. Eg Hestia, Demeter.  -- Source

So, it makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? Do you use your menstrual energies for magick?

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 12, 2012 at Thursday, July 12, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Can't say I ever have. But it does make sense. I certainly do find certain times of the month where my intuition is better than at other times.

July 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Anonymous  

I have found that my empathic abilities are definitely stronger during menstruation. It took me a long time to recognize that the out-of-the-blue and totally-for-no-reason emotions that would smack me upside the head were not my own.

July 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Just wanted to drop in & say how much I've enjoyed your blog over the past few months. :) Have a great night.

July 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Somehow I missed these comments from you all :( Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

July 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...