I miss you, Rachael  

Posted in

It's only been 7 months but it feels like forever since I last saw you. I know you had so much on your plate. Custody problems, financial problems and just life anxiety in general.
I had no idea the money I gave you that day, which was to help you, was going to be the money you would use to buy the gun that took your life.
Rachael, not a day goes by that I don't think about you. I miss my friend. I am angry and sad, still, that you took your own life.
I still have the last few voice mail messages you left me and sometimes I listen to them just to hear your voice.

I heard this song the other day. I've heard it before but the last time I heard it, I thought of you and it made me cry.


"Shadow Of The Day"

I close both locks below the window
I close both blinds and turn away

Sometimes solutions aren't so simple
Sometimes good bye's the only way


And the sun will set for you
The sun will set for you

And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey

And the sun will set for you


In cards and flowers on your window
Your friends all plead for you to stay

Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple
Sometimes good bye's the only way


And the sun will set for you
The sun will set for you

And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey

And the sun will set for you

And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey

And the sun will set for you

And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey

And the sun will set for you

This entry was posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 at Monday, February 25, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...