Pagan Pride Day - September 22nd  

Posted in

Today is Pagan Pride Day, although many celebrations were had over the weekend.

Seven years ago, Dru Ann Welch put on a Wiccan pentacle -- a symbol of her newfound Pagan faith.

"I had a friend, one of the first people I met in Paganism, and one of the best things she ever taught me was 'I will never hide my pentacle from anyone,' " Welch says. "To me that was profound. Why should we hide? If you want to believe in a pentacle, a cross or an Egyptian ankh, you should be able to believe, be proud of that and never have to hide anything."

That's part of the motivation behind Pagan Pride Day events that are held across the country each September.

Source: http://www.witchvox.com/wren/wn_detail.html?id=20037

This entry was posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 at Monday, September 22, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...