Thinking of a Handfasting  

Posted in

Zyon and I are not married. We've both been there, done that and don't think we'll ever get married. However, we have considered a handfasting ceremony to show our serious commitment to one another.

Nothing is set in stone as of yet, we've just been tossing around the idea. Well, I've been tossing around the idea, hehehe. It's exciting to think about. In fact, Chrissy, a friend of mine, was just handfasted on Saturday and I enjoyed reading her blog posts about which dress to wear, how to have her hair done, where to find the nicest wedding bands, etc.

It got me looking at the same things and planning, in my head, all the things I'd want. Zyon is not one to wear jewelry but I found these stunning mens wedding bands and I just know he'd love one of them.

Maybe I can get a trip to Salem, MA planned and we could be handfasted there. Maybe, I could even get Laurie Cabot herself to preform the ceremony? Okay, well, I know that will probably never happen but it would be cool!

This entry was posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 at Monday, October 27, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

Oooo---Laurie Cabot performing the ceremony would be soooo cool! (I'm such a fangirl when it comes to her).

Those wedding bands are GORGEOUS. The man and I are planning to be handfasted in 4 years (when I'm done school and back to work), so if you're planning, I'll be hanging off your every word! ;)

October 27, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Thanks aelwyn!
I am hoping to be planning - aiming for next year!

October 28, 2008 at 10:35 AM

My man and I just had our own handfasting ceremony. We did on the new moon a couple of months ago. It was just the two of us - a commitment ritual for us. We did it in the privacy of my completely fenced in garden/ritual space at midnight. It turned out amazing - we happened to have some unusual thunder and rain that night, but the rain was warm. We stood there, tons of candles under cover, skyclad, making our vows. It was instensely wonderful! I bought a "unity candle" (if you will) and added a piece from each cord to it as a remembrance. I got a stainless steel ring for my man for now, but I love the tungsten ones (similar to what you are looking at). Blessings to you both!

October 28, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Wow,
that sounds like it was so wonderful - I am jealous!

October 29, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...