Happy Birthday to My Littlest Witchlet  

Posted in

My little man is 2 today! My how he has grown!

His birth story:

I had contractions off and on and HORRIBLE acid reflux for about a week before giving birth.
Saturday morning, the morning of the day I had him, I just went about my usual routine. I cleaned the upstairs, dealt with the the *D* man, did 2 loads of laundry. It was soooo nice out that day, so CJ, Dante, my grandma, and I were all outside most of the early afternoon. About 2 pm or so the contractions came back, not stronger than they had been but every 4-5 minutes....however I, at this point, was getting very annoyed!

I called my Midwife at around 2pm and told her about the timing of the contractions and how I started to have some bloodyshow. She figured it was early labor and told me to relax, take a shower/bath, try to rest. I was to call back. Well, not even 30 minutes after showering, I was calling her back!! Olivia was with Jeff, Dante was napping and so was CJ. I yelled to CJ that I thought it was time to go and he asked me if he could sleep for *just 10 more minutes* hahahahaa..uhhh, NO!

Long story short, we got to the hospital at 4:30 pm and I was 4cm dilated. My midwife got there at 4:40 pm and when she checked me, I was 7 cm dilated!!!!!!! I asked for my epidural. She told me, in a nutshell...no epi! I was progressing too quickly. Well, I was NOT prepared for that AT.ALL. The first thing out of my mouth was *OhMyFuckingGawd* (Yes, I said that in a Catholic hospital, followed by *Holy Shit are you serous?!*) and I immediately started to feel tears well up in my eyes. I just looked at CJ and all he could do was mumble *I'm sorry* LOL

The pain was intense...it hurt, it burned, it felt like forever until Wyatt finally arrived. At 5:30 pm he was born. I only tore a teeny bit, needed one stitch, but Amy (the MW) gave me 3 to be safe.

I have to say, I would never PLAN on going natural BUT the recovery process was MUCH easier. I was up and showering within an hour of having the baby. I already felt like my old self.




First Birthday:

Today:

I gave him one of his gifts today - and of course now Dante wants one of these things!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at Tuesday, November 11, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Anonymous  

Happy Birthday Wyatt!

November 13, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Thank you!

November 13, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Happy Belated Birthday!! What a beautiful babe there! Something special about those double 11's...always something a bit extra in the eye.

November 14, 2008 at 10:06 PM
Anonymous  

Oooh what a beautiful witchlet. Congrats and happy birthday to him

Raven )O(

November 23, 2008 at 12:10 AM
Anonymous  

Thank you Raven!

November 23, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...