The Results are In  

Posted in

I just got off the phone with my MIL and she has spoken to her doctor. Her doctor told her there is something there but it doesn't appear to be cancer. In a word, they don't know what it is. So, this is good/bad? I'm not sure yet.

Her doctor said she recommends a follow up mammogram in 6 months to see if this spot (not lump) changes in any way. She also advised her to stay away from any Estrogen. (Estrogen can cause cancer - I'm no doctor but this is what I have read regarding Estrogen and it's correlation to breast cancer)

Her doctor also told her that if she really wants to, she can get an appointment with a breast surgeon but my MIL said no way is she doing that because she figures they'd do all kinds of tests and a biopsy and she is a firm believer that agitating something could cause it to spread.

So at this point I guess we wait, yet again. She's certainly not out of the woods yet, so to speak but it is a relief to know it's not presenting as if it's cancer.

Thank you everyone who sent well wishes, healing energy, love and light. I truly believe that helps. Even though it is my MIL and not me, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. Now I can get back to planning our Disney vacation - one she will surely NEED now!

Blessed Be all~

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at Tuesday, February 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

I have been reading your blog hoping to catch an update on this. I am glad it's not cancer. That is scary as I well know. It is good to hear and I'll be thinking of her that whatever it is, it's not something to worry about.

February 18, 2009 at 3:42 PM
Anonymous  

Sandi -
It's so wonderful to hear from you, personally.
I found your pregnant with cancer blog weeks ago and have been reading. Yea, I went back in the archives and started fro the beginning.
You are an inspiration.

February 18, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Well that's good news so far. So glad for you and her.

Love and Light,
Stephanie

February 18, 2009 at 9:07 PM
Anonymous  

I'm glad for you all that it's a spot, not looking like cancer.

Btw. Estrogens only work towards cancer when the cancercells are receptive for estrogens.

Have a nice weekend.

February 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...