Maybe I Am Just In a Bad Mood  

Posted in ,

but this whole 'protesting' thing that is planned for tomorrow's Celebrating Earth Spirituality Event that will be held in Stoudtburg Village in Adamstown, PA has just struck a nerve with me.

I read this latest article: Some Pa. shops close doors to Pagan festival and at the very end of the article is this:

In Hertzog's Yard Sale Store, owner Terry Hertzog finished off a cup of ice cream and said he plans to close his store the next day.

"We just don't believe we can support witches and pagans," Hertzog said. "We believe in God, not in worshiping Satan or anything like that. We can't really support that, and as a result we're just going to stay closed."

"Being witches and pagans, right away that puts a red flag up," agreed his wife, Donna. "They might be wonderful people. It's just that we don't believe in that type of worship or whatever you want to call it."

SERIOUSLY, WHY DON'T PEOPLE EDUCATE THEMSELVES BEFORE MAKING SUCH STATEMENTS?

This entry was posted on Friday, September 11, 2009 at Friday, September 11, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

Guest  

Shows how little they know about Wicca and Pagan beliefs and practice. Ignorance truly is not bliss!

September 11, 2009 at 6:07 PM
Witchy Mama  

Oh, yes...such a true statement

Recent blog:=- Maybe I Am Just In a Bad Mood

September 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM
Guest  

It will never end...and for most people, educating themselves might make them stop and really think about things. And God & Goddess forbid if someone thinks for themselves! Oh my...worshipping Satan...me thinks they watch too many movies and me thinks thou dost protest too much. What are they really afraid of??? =-O

September 11, 2009 at 7:03 PM
Celestite  

because if you are not their particular brand of christian then you are a bad person and nothing can change their mind about that. Those people are so afraid of their own shadow that they can't even be near anyone who might think or do or say something that they don't believe is "right

Recent blog:=- Please participate

September 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM
Punky's Mamma  

Oh puh-lease!

You may or may not just be in a bad mood, but I am not a particularly nice person, and as such, I can say;
"As if any self-respecting pagan would WANT any of your yokel ice-cream anyway...!" :-P

I know, I know... super mature... but it DOES make me feel better. ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a a virgin roasting on the fire & goats blood on the boil that needs attending too... all this Satan worship is mighty hard work!

*sigh*

September 11, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Witchy Mama  

That is so right - people might actually have to think for themselves! The horror!

Recent blog:=- Maybe I Am Just In a Bad Mood

September 12, 2009 at 9:57 AM
Witchy Mama  

Fear - yes, it is definitely FEAR

Recent blog:=- Maybe I Am Just In a Bad Mood

September 12, 2009 at 9:57 AM
Witchy Mama  

LOL - sometimes I want to really say what I feel!

Recent blog:=- Maybe I Am Just In a Bad Mood

September 12, 2009 at 9:58 AM
Brandon  

It is really such a shame that people not only think like that but will open their ignorant mouths to share with others. Some of the rudest, most horrid people I know are conservative Christians. Why does no one close shop to their likes?

September 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM
Witchy Mama  

Hi Brandon!

" Some of the rudest, most horrid people I know are conservative Christians"

Unfortunately, that has been my experience as well.

Recent blog:=- Blessed Be Fellow Pagans

September 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...