Upcoming Sabbat: Imbolc  

Posted in

I'm pretty excited Imbolc will soon be here. For me it means we're suddenly so much closer to Spring, even though the air is cold and there is still snow on the ground in some places. I love to keep an eye out for those subtle hints of new life.

Imbolc represents the awakening of the Goddess after a long winter and her young maiden self looking out upon the land. With signs such as leaves budding on some trees and bushes it's evident the land is starting the cycle of awakening those who've slumbered well during the cold harsh winter.

I'm not sure what I am going to do for Imbolc this year. I was invited to the 4th Annual Imbolc Gathering Expo hosted by the Reading Pagans and Witches but CJ works on the weekends which usually leaves me without a car. So I may just do something here with the Witchlets.

More on the history on Imbolc coming up :]

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at Tuesday, January 26, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Bridgett  

I'm still trying to figure out my Imbolc celebration as well.
Whatever I decide to do, I'm sure it will be marvelous. LOL
:D

January 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM
Witchy Mama  

Hehehee Bridgett - I'm sure it will be too!

January 27, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...