The Rowan Tree  

Posted in ,


The Rowan tree is one of my favorite trees. It is a symbol of protection and defense. The Rowan tree is sacred to the Goddess, Brigid and is associated with Dragon energy and Fire. It is also associated with the Ogham letter luis. Rowan teaches us to be aware of our surroundings and not to allow ourselves to be tricked or enchanted.

To harness the protection of Rowan, place any or all of the following in a small red pouch:
  • Rowan berries
  • bark
  • wood or leaves - or a picture of a Rowan tree
  • picture of a dragon
  • red glass beads with a tiny black star painted on each of them
Draw the luis symbol on the pouch and light a red candle.



Charge the pouch with the following chant:

Rowan bring your firelight,
A psychic shield of power and might.
I see any obstacle in my way,
Avoiding trouble come what may.


You can carry this pouch for protection or hang it up high in your house.

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 at Sunday, February 14, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

inannasstar  

Great post, thanks for all the information and spell!

February 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM
Witchy Mama  

You are most welcome inannasstar! ;)

February 14, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Thyme2dream  

I fell in love with Rowan trees on my last trip to Scotland-Hubby just laughed at me taking so many photos of TREES, but I got some delightful ones:)

February 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM
Witchy Mama  

oH WOW - a trip to Scotland!

February 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM
PurpleCrystalB5  

I absolutely love your blog. Just stopping by to say good afternoon! :-D

February 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Witchy Mama  

Thank you!!! I think we are now 'following' each other on Twitter ;)

February 20, 2010 at 8:45 AM
Bridgett  

The Rowan is also one of my favorites....it's so beautiful.

February 21, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...