Blessed Ostara!  

Posted in ,

Today is the Spring Equinox! Let's hope winter gets the idea and packs it in!


Every year around Ostara my Uncle Eddie brings me Daffodils. The daffodil is the first flower of spring and it symbolizes hope. Now, he doesn't bring me daffodils for Ostara, he's Catholic and doesn't really 'talk about the fact that I am no longer Catholic (It's been close to 20 years since I've found my Pagan path, you'd think he'd be used to it by now). He brings me the daffodils he gets from the American Cancer Society.
"To the American Cancer Society, it represents the hope we all share for a future where cancer is no longer a life-threatening disease."
My cousin, his daughter, passed away from cancer at the age of 11, she died about 12 days shy of her 12th birthday; she would have been 32 years old this past March 16th.

Ostara and daffodils have a special place in my heart. Yay for Spring! Here it's 48 degrees and sunny right now, we're supposed to have sunshine and warm temps today, up to about 72! I have some work to do this morning but then this afternoon I will be redecorating my altar and spending some time outside with the Witchlets.

I hope today is a beautiful day, wherever you are; no matter what the weather is like.

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 at Saturday, March 20, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Cilla Noir  

You're making me seriously miss doing "things" for the Sabbats.

Another one passing by here with nothing going on.....

Enjoy....

March 20, 2010 at 10:53 AM
Witchy Mama  

I miss the group aspect of things. I can't seem to find anyone who follows the same path as I do...

March 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM
Moncha  

Happy Ostara to you too !!!!!

March 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Heather  

Have a great Ostara. With moving upon us, I don't have much time to celebrate this weekend, so I think I'll have a belated celebration in combination with my family's Easter gathering.

March 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...