Magick Cannot Always Protect  

Posted in

I blogged about this on another one of my blogs a few months ago--I had meant to post it here too but it slipped my mind.

While I truly believe in magick and mind over matter--there are times when we just have to protect ourselves in a mundane way, using common sense. I've read that apparently there are some credit cards now with a RFID chip in it that emits the account number, expiration data and other information. This is so you can just wave the card by a scanner instead of swiping it. Sounds great but how great is it when you realize that your information is now 'out there' for anyone.

There is a company that makes cell phones with scanners embeded in them. You would never know if someone waved one of these by your back pocket.


Scary, huh? Well, just an FYI--rfid blocking wallets keep your cards protected from this by blocking the radio signals needed to read the information contained on RFID cards.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at Tuesday, September 14, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Wandering Willow  

wow.... I had NO idea about this. That is scary! How can you tell if your stuff has one in it????

September 14, 2010 at 2:10 PM
Witchy Mama  

I believe it would indicate that--I don't think legally it could be in something w/o you knowing.

September 16, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...