Herbs for the Skin  

Posted in

Seems I am breaking out more now that I'm in my mid-30's than I did when I was a teen! I've been on the hunt for the best natural acne treatment but it just occurred to me - why don't I try to make my own concoction? (Or at least find someone who makes one and can give me some guidance!)

I know Burdock Root has anti bacterial properties and also helps in faster healing of wounds. Burdock Root is actually an essential ingredient of herbal cleansing formulas. Anyone use it to make a skin cleansing formula?

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at Wednesday, September 15, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Miss D  

I wash my face with a honey-sugar scrub that I mix while in the shower and follow it with witch hazel for a clarifier afterwards. Then I put on my facial lotion and ta-da! It really helps me keep the break-outs to a minimum. Witch hazel is just so amazing, I can't imagine anyone not having it at the house. I used it in my teens for break-outs too and it's just wonderful.

September 15, 2010 at 5:33 PM
Lavender Dusksinger  

I have to be very careful with what I use because I have sensitive skin. I find that the Yes to Carrots organic face scrubs helps me, and I work in sweating heat in a kitchen all day.


~Follow me at http://sakurawitchchef.blogspot.com/

September 15, 2010 at 6:43 PM
Witchy Mama  

Ahhhh Witch Hazel, yes! Thank you for the tip!

September 16, 2010 at 6:29 AM
Witchy Mama  

I've never heard of Yes to Carrots organic face scrubs! Thank you.

September 16, 2010 at 6:30 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...