Protecting Yourself From Negativity  

Posted in ,

How do you mentally keep negative energy at bay? I was trying to explain this to my 7 year old yesterday. I was trying to tell her how powerful her mind is and how she can visualize a protective bubble or shield surrounding her, bouncing negativity off her.

I tried to explain it using scenarios like how metal buildings bounce raindrops off of them or how a mirror reflects the Sun. She just didn't get it, so I told her to imagine she was surrounded by a protective white light.

Any other suggestions? Maybe an actively or game she and I could play to demonstrate this?

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 4, 2010 at Saturday, September 04, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Saz  

Maybe something she can visualise and remember actually using like an umbrella, rain coat or sun hat?

I tend to visualise a cloak for protection. Picking a colour, material appropriate for the moment/occasion then visualise putting it on, fastening it up, putting up the hood etc.

September 4, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Witchy Mama  

Very good ideas--thank you Saz!

September 7, 2010 at 1:04 PM
Saz  

You're welcome!
Fab blog btw :)

September 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...