Where is Your Altar  

Posted in

I used to have an entire room devoted to nothing but my altar and all my witchy books. I even found a reputable Energy speaker dealer - so I got the best speakers and set them up in the room so I could listen to my music without worrying about bothering anyone else in the house.


Now my altar is in my living room. It's not awful but I miss having an entire room dedicated to all my witchy things. Where is your altar?

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 16, 2011 at Thursday, June 16, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Chaotic_Dreamer  

I have mine set up in my bedroom and I also have a small one in my kitchen, I would love to have a whole room dedicated to my craft.

June 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM
Hex  

Mine is in our living room. My toddler likes to use it as her own personal table. She likes to set her pacifer, cup, and snack dish on it when she's playing despite the availability of other surfaces in the room. Even when I relocate her stuff, she turns right around behind me and gathers it back on the altar. Then again, she's had this fascination with it since she started walking and is always checking out the items on it. She knows what she is allowed to touch and what not to, so it's not that big of a deal. I think she's drawn to it and have been trying to be as inclusive with her as age allows.

June 17, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Nicole Platt  

I have a small altar next to my bed. I find I am most comfortable in my bedroom (for the space I have available to set up my altar).

June 17, 2011 at 6:27 PM
HearthSpider  

I have my altar set up atop a bookcase in my office. It is the one room where no one else goes, it is my sanctuary and the perfect place for me to escape the mundane world.

June 18, 2011 at 9:14 AM
amy  

Mine is in the upstairs loft area now. It was moved because I had it in front of the fireplace in the living room and stuff kept getting piled on it and it wasn't used as much as it should have been. I think it was just too big too but I am not sure. I have one I use outdoors which is of course outdoors and lately that's the one that I "go to".

July 12, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...