SPAM is No Fun!  

Posted in

Hello everyone! This blog gets a lot of Spam comments - usually on the 'popular' posts, of course. Anyway, I have the spam filter on and sometimes a genuine comment gets put in the spam filter by the system. I'm not sure what the determining factors are, but it happens.

I do check the spam section to find the real comments so if you don't see your comment, it's possible it went to the dreaded spam filter, but I will see it and move it to where it should be :)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at Tuesday, November 15, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

I have the same problem with spam - so annoying (wishes I could set a spell so spammer would instantly be turned in toads - at least temporarily)

I use the plugin Defensio Anti-Spam
it works well catching the spam and hasn't made to many errors

November 15, 2011 at 2:15 PM

I wish there was a spell to turn all spammers into toads.

I don't know how they found my little blog so fast (just went live in Oct) but spammers got my site shut down and I had to fight with my hosting service to put me back up so I could try to learn how to deal with it

I had ot get all kinds of preventive plugins - but I was getting 50 to 60 spam comments within a few hours as well as 100s of hits over the course of a couple hours from the same ips - so I can slowly getting those banned as they hit and I snag their ip address, and the plugins are now keeping the spam down to about 4 or 5 comments day the rest are blocked

December 4, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Thank you for the info! I gert spam comments on the same 3 or 4 blog entries

December 5, 2011 at 6:31 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...