Sky Lanterns and Memorials  

Posted in

This July 29th will mark 5 years since my very good friend Rachael took her own life. (Read about that HERE) Since this year is a milestone (5 years) I was thinking of doing something in her honor but not quite sue what?

I read about sky lanterns and I'm thinking that might be a super cool idea - a great way to do something in her memory.  I really like this heart-shaped sky lantern:


Thoughts? Anyone ever use a sky lantern?

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at Tuesday, July 24, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

I like the idea of you making a sky lantern in memory of your good friend. Maybe even write a little letter to her in it as well. Just an idea. Personally I have never made one but I did see a few of them on the fourth of July this year and I was thinking about making some for Samhain.

July 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Beautiful! So much better than balloons - biodegradable too! Thanks for this awesome idea! I have a daughter-in-law that left the planet about a year and a half ago. On her birthday, which was in February, we sent off purple balloons. I really like this idea so much better.

July 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I love sky lanterns, we use them for every Midsummer sabbat. We write a note on them and send them off.

July 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Thank you all for the feedback! The 5 year anniversary was yesterday and I just kinda sulked. My intentions were good ad I love the idea, but my 'blah' mood got the best of me :(

July 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...