Boots the Monkey  

Posted in

Olivia and I took Miss. Puss back to Gloria yesterday. Seems every Saturday at our local Pet Smart there are adoptions going on. Taking her back was tough, she went in the cage 'Boots' was in and he went in the carrier. Seeing her huddled in the corner of a cage was heartbreaking.

While I was filling out paperwork for Boots, an older couple came over to me and asked me questions about Miss. Puss - they saw me bring her in. I told them all the wonderful things about her and did add she needs to be the only cat. Their cat had recently died and they had no other pets! They seemed really interested in her and asked to hold her. I really hope they took her home!

So now we have Boots:

I hate the name but that is the name he was given at the shelter and the Witchlets love the name. I was thinking Figaro, like in Pinocchio:

Boots is a 7 month old neutered male and he and Gary get along famously. There has been no hiding by either cat, no hissing, growling, bullying or marking territory. The downside? Boots was either on my head or on my face all.night.long. and if it wasn't me, it was CJ he smothered.

The Witchlets call Gary 'Gary the Snail' (SpongeBob) and now they call Boots 'Boots the Monkey' (Dora)

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 3, 2010 at Sunday, January 03, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Anonymous  

he is adorable!!! and he looks EXACTLY like figaro! <3

January 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM
Rue  

I'm sure Miss Puss found herself a good home - those people may have taken her just because of all the nice things you said about her!

Boots is very handsome - and I'm sure he'll act like a monkey if he's half as spunky as he looks!

Enjoy him!

January 3, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Charity  

Oh he's adorable! I hope those people took Miss. Puss in as well!

When I got my kitty Spooky from PetSmart's adoption center, his name was Sneakers! I hated it and so did he - he wouldn't even acknowledge you if you called him that, so it got changed. But if Boots likes his name, I'd probably leave it. LOL

January 4, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Bridgett  

He looke just like Figaro! LOL That would have been a perfect name.

I'm sorry about Miss Puss...but hopefully the older couple adopted her. It's not your fault it didn't work out. You certainly gave it your best shot.

So glad Boots is fitting right in!

January 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM
Sparkle  

It definitely sounds like Boots is a much better fit! And he looks so stylish, in his fur tuxedo. I hope the older couple took in Miss Puss - that seems like the ideal situation for her.

January 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...