February Full Moon - Quickening Moon  

Posted in


In February, the nights are cold and we begin to feel a bit of cabin fever. We're tired of being cooped up in the house and long to feel some warm sun on our faces. I know this is how I feel! In fact, as I sit and type this it's snowing here, again. The Full Moon in February falls on Sunday, February 28th and is known most commonly as the Quickening Moon.

Correspondences:
  • Colors: Purple and blue
  • Gemstones: Rose quartz, amethyst, jasper
  • Trees: Rowan, Myrtle
  • Gods: Brighid, Aphrodite, Juno, Mars
  • Herbs: Hyssop, sage, myrrh
  • Element: Fire
While it's obviously still Winter, remember that Spring IS on it's way! Below the surface of the earth small seeds are awakening and soon the growing cycle will start.

Magical workings this month should focus on personal achievements and advancement.

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 27, 2010 at Saturday, February 27, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

inannasstar  

I feel the same way as snow swirls around me like a snowglobe. ;)

February 27, 2010 at 10:20 AM
Witchy Mama  

I feel like I am IN a freaking snowglobe!!!!!

February 27, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Catpriestess  

Hi Lisa, we don't have snow but we have beautiful pouring rain, which is what Ca. needs. Thank you for illustrating the faces of beautiful moon mother.
Blessings,
Wendy

February 27, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Witchy Mama  

Oh rain, snow...UGH - I want SUN!

February 27, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Bridgett  

That picture is gorgeous.
We're *finally* started to see the sun again...and I've even seen some blooms this weekend. Yay!

March 6, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...