How To Really Love A Child  

Posted in

Be there. Say yes as often as possible. Let them make lots of noise. If they’re crabby, put them in water. If they’re unlovable, love yourself.

Realize how important it is to be a child. Go to a movie theater in your pajamas. Read books out loud with joy. Invent pleasures together. Remember how really small they are. Giggle a lot. Surprise them. Say no when necessary.

Teach feelings. Heal your own inner child. Learn about parenting. Hug trees together. Make loving safe.

Bake a cake and eat it with no hands. Go find elephants and kiss them. Plan to build a rocketship. Imagine yourself magic. Make lots of forts with blankets. Reveal your own dreams.

Search out the positive. Keep the gleam in your eye. Encourage silly. Plant licorice in your garden. Open up. Stop yelling. Express your love. A lot.
Speak kindly. Paint their tennis shoes. Handle with caring.

Children are miraculous

~By Sark

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at Sunday, February 21, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 comments

Moncha  

That is so very sweet. I love it, thanks for sharing !!

February 21, 2010 at 8:47 AM
inannasstar  

Thank you for sharing this. Every parents needs these reminders from time to time.

February 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM
Witchy Mama  

I know I definitely need this reminder from time to time!

February 21, 2010 at 10:18 AM
Anonymous  

Thank you for sharing this, I almost cried when reading it. I have had a horrible week lately with my girls, backtalking, arguing, etc...so thank you for the reboot. I will try at least one of these ideas :-D

February 22, 2010 at 8:53 AM
Mama Holli  

I love this saying......I had it on my frig when my kids were younger and I checked off the things we did! My favorite was bake a cake and eat it with no hands! We did this!!!! With a chocolate cake!!!! So fun!!! I hosed them down outside!!! Love your blog! Voting for you today!!! Coming back real soon!

February 25, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Witchy Mama  

Hi there. I'm glad this helped! I have had some tough weeks lately with my Witchlets - this definitely put me back i my place.

February 25, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Witchy Mama  

Did you kiss an elephant????!!!!! =-O

Thank you for the compliment on my blog - you're going to vote for me? Where???? *excited*

February 25, 2010 at 4:20 PM
Bridgett  

Okay, this is inspiring. I'm suddenly feeling like a lousy mommy thought. :(

February 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Witchy Mama  

Awww Bridgett, You are a great mommy!!! We all have those moments though. (((HUGS)))

February 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...