Lemon Balm and Lavender  

Posted in

Yesterday I talked about setting up window box planters and planting some fall herbs. My dear friend and very first spiritual mentor, Carmen, mentioned what she has:
"I have a small hillside herb garden with yarrow, bea balm, lemon balm, oregano, french tarragon, lemon thyme, lavender, stevia, basil, rue,tansy, motherwort, patchouli, sweet annie, sage, winter savory.

It looks like a lot but they take up such little space adn I love the scents as I brush against them. For inside ease of growing I would suggest basil, oregano, rosemary, sage and parsley in a sunny window."

Thank you Carmen, for the wonderful ideas. I think I'm going to start out with lemon balm and lavender (ohh, can you imagine the smell?!) to put in the planters. All these years I hesitated on the idea of indoor planters because of our cats but I'm going to give it a whirl and see how it goes! Once I get everything set up I'll post pictures. I'm so excited to have a fall project on the horizon. Now, where is the best place to purchase these herbs?

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 9, 2010 at Thursday, September 09, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...