Protesters at Festivals  

Posted in ,

For Beltane, CJ and I took the kids to Spoutwood farm for a festival. This year, we did not encounter any protestors but we went on the first day of the festive during the week and not on the weekend. As I’ve blogged about before, the previous year we encountered several protesters that actually came up and grabbed our children.

This year it seemed like they had better crowd control as they had makeshift stanchions set up to guide festivalgoers to the entry gate. This seemed to increase safety and made it easier to navigate through the fields and gardens during the short walk from the parking locations to the gates.

CJ and I want to make our rounds at many festivals this year to get the kids excited about all of the festivities that surround our holidays. I can only hope that other festivals have everything under control like Spoutwood did this year.

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 28, 2011 at Sunday, August 28, 2011 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Salemwitchchild  

Wow that would be scary. I can honestly say I've never encountered any protesters at festivals but the ones I've gone to are out in the middle of nowhere. Its not publicized in newspapers or anywhere non-believers would be reading. I know if someone started grabbing my children it would turn into a physical fight quickly!

Glad you've had a better experience this year. :)

August 28, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Anonymous  

wow i never knew people protested pagan festivals. I guess I never thought about that possibility though I live in the northwest so maybe that's not happened here. Glad there weren't any this time and the kids could get interested.

August 28, 2011 at 8:35 PM
Witchy Mama  

oh yes, this is what happened >> http://www.witchymama.com/2009/09/celebrating-earth-spirituality-event.html

August 28, 2011 at 8:41 PM
Anonymous  

People actually grabbed your children?! I'd so be in jail if that happened to me.

September 2, 2011 at 7:57 AM
Witchy Mama  

not my children--but the children of people I know.

September 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...